BC Youth VB House League - (Tentatively scheduled to proceed on Fridays)
BC Youth VB House League is being created to offer opportunities to those who may not be selected, or who may not be able to commit to the scheduling requirements of Team BC Youth VB or BC Selects Youth VB teams, the ability to continue training and competition.
Practices will be overseen and directed by Ritchie Mallari - former USports Assistant Coach, and former Women’s National Paralympic Volleyball Head Coach. Ritchie will be assisted by club coaches, senior players, and/or adults looking to develop as a future coach.
- BC Youth VB House League:
- Will compete in the BC Youth Volleyball House League
- have the ability to compete in locally hosted club tournaments both in Canada at an additional cost TBD if teams decide to participate.
- are selected with 8 players max on a team.
- will have one practice per week.
- training will be coached by Ritchie Mallari, ensuring that all participants are provided with the highest level of coaching during training sessions. Sessions will be assisted by local club coaches as well as senior club players who have shown interest in development as a coach.
- Teams may have the opportunity to participate in additional optional tournaments subject to additional costs per event. These costs will be divided by the 8 players forming a particular team. For example, if the team wanted to participate in a tournament that costs $200, the entry fee would be divided by 8 players, so each player would be billed an additional $25 for that particular event.
- Players on our BC Youth VB House League Teams have the ability to be selected to compete with Team BC Youth VB teams that participate in the Northwest Juniors Memorial Day Classic - if needed.
- The Northwest Juniors Memorial Day Classic held in the Seattle area. This event is a 2 day tournament offering the equivalent matches as a 3 day tournament. We will be conducting a wine raffle to help offset the cost for this event.
- We anticipate on running the following number of BC Youth House League teams (if needed):
- 4-8 - U10-U13 teams
- 4-8 - U14 teams
- 4 - U15 teams
- The anticipated House League season will run for 16 week season. This includes:
- Warm Up gear
- Admin and Registration Fees
- Head Coach Honorarium
- Registration into 3 hosted playdays
- 1 practice per week
- Teams may have the opportunity to participate in additional optional tournaments subject to additional costs per event.